- Guest lecturer in All Saints College, Trivandrum.
Current or previous Positions/Responsibilities (outside the college)
- Question Paper setter for UG/PG Examination (Autonomous College).
- Question paper setter for Kerala University
Current Positions/Responsibilities (in the college)
- Deputy Controller of Examination (2018-till date)
- Member Board of Studies
- Member of Research Promotion Committee
- Member of Research Publication Council
- Member Staff Co-operative society
- Member Syllabus revision committee
Awards and Achievements
- CSIR – SRF
- Best oral presentation award in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Smart Materials for Smarter World organized by S B College (2012)
Projects - Completed projects
- UGC sponsored Major project on “Synthesis, characterization and magneto-dielectric properties of silicate based garnets”
- KSCSTE student project -1
Courses attended (Orientation, Refresher, FDP, etc.)
- Refresher course on Nanoscience at UGC-HRDC University of Kerala from 25-11-2015 to15-12-2015
- Orientation course at UGC-HRDC University of Calicut from 8-2-2018 to 7-3-2018
- Five day Faculty Development Programme on Online Education in Higher Education Institutions organized by the Faculty Development Centre of Kerala Higher Education Council form 13th to 17th July 2020.
- Online Faculty Development Program on Moodle Learning Management System organized by Department of Mathematical Sciences, Bodoland University during 11th – 15th May 2020.
Resource person for seminars and workshops/Invited Lectures
- Reviewer of International Journal (WILEY)
Paper presentation in Seminars
- P. S. Anjana, Sumesh George, Sherin Thomas, G. Subodh, P. Mohanan and M. T. Sebastian, “Effect of filler content on the microwave dielectric properties of PTFE/ceramic composites”, International Conference on Advanced Materials and Composites, C56, pp-76, (2007).
- Sumesh George, Sherin Thomas, S. Renjini, T. S. Sasikals, P. S. Anjana and M. T. Sebastian, Effect of lithium borosilicate glass addition on the microwave dielectric properties of low loss ceramics, International Conference on Advanced Materials and Composites, C55, pp-75, (2007).
- G. Subodh, Sherin Thomas and M. T. Sebastian, “Tellurium based ceramics for Millimeter Wave Applications”, Microwave Materials and Applications, I-A07, pp-28, (2008).
- M. T. Sebastian, Sumesh George, P. S. Anjana, Sherin Thomas and G. Subodh, “Polyethylene ceramic composites for electronic packaging applications”, Microwave (Jaipur), p. 161, (2008).
- M. V. Jacob, Sherin Thomas, M. T. Sebastian, J. Mazierska, J. Honkama and H. Jantunen, “Low Temperature Microwave Characterisation of GreenTapes using Split Post Dielectric Resonator”, APMC- Hong Kong, (2008).
- Sherin Thomas, Sujith Raman, P. Mohanan and M. T. Sebastian, “PTFE/Sm2Si2O7 composites for Electronic Packaging Applications”, International Conference on Electroceramics- Delhi University, LC-232, pp-329, (2009).
- Sherin Thomas, B. Sayoojyam and M. T. Sebastian, “Novel Rare Earth based Silicates for Microwave Applications”, ISMOT- New Delhi (2009).
- M. T. Sebastian, Sumesh George and Sherin Thomas, “Low Loss Low Permittivity Silicate Based Dielectric Ceramics for LTCC Applications”, ISMOT- Delhi (2009).
- Sherin Thomas, JitheshKavil and M T Sebastian, “Dielectric properties of micro and nano sized Sm2Si2O7 ceramics”, UGC sponsored National Seminar on Smart Materials for Smarter World organized by S B College (2012)
- Sherin Thomas, Achamma Mathew, Mailadil Thomas Sebastain, “Microwave dielectric properties of ARE4Si3O13(A=Ca,Ba, RE = La,Pr,Nd, Sm, Eu, Gd, Tb, Dy, Er, Tm, Yb and Y) Ceramics for millimeter wave applications”, Second International Conference on Materials Science and Technology, ICMST 2016 at St Thomas College, Palai, 5 – 8, June 2016.
- L. A. Khalam, Sherin Thomasand M. T. Sebastian, “Temperature-stable and low-loss dielectrics in the Ca(B′ 1/2Ta1/2)O3 [B′ = lanthanides, Y, and In] system”, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 90, 2476-2483 (2007). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1551-2916.2007.01808.x
- L. A. Khalam, Sherin Thomasand M. T. Sebastian, “Tailoring the microwave dielectric properties of MgNb2O6 and Mg4Nb2O9 ceramics”, Int. J. Appl. Ceram. Tech., 4, 359-366. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-7402.2007.02151.x
- Sherin Thomasand M. T. Sebastian, “Effect of B2O3-Bi2O3-SiO2-ZnO glass on the sintering and microwave dielectric properties of 0.83ZnAl2O4-0.17TiO2”, Mater. Res. Bull., 43, 843-851 (2008). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.materresbull.2007.05.015
- Sherin Thomas, V. N. Deepu, P. Mohanan and M. T. Sebastian, “Effect of filler content on the dielectric properties of PTFE/ZnAl2O4-TiO2 composites”, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 91, 1971-1975 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1551-2916.2008.02365.x
- S. Anjana, Sherin Thomas,M. T. Sebastian and J. James, Synthetic Minerals for Electronic Applications, Earth Science India, 1, 36-52 (2008).
- S. Renjini, Sherin Thomas, S. R. Kiran, V. R. K. Murthy and M. T. Sebastian, “Microwave dielectric properties and low temperature sintering of Sm2Si2O7 ceramic for substrate applications”, Int. J. Appl. Ceram. Tech., 6, 286-294 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-7402.2008.02271.x
- Sherin Thomas, V. Deepu, S. Uma, P. Mohanan, J. Philipand M. T. Sebastian, “Preparation, characterization and properties of Sm2Si2O7 loaded polymer composites for microelectronic applications”, Mater. Sci. Eng. B., 163, 67-75. (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mseb.2009.05.007
- Sherin Thomasand M. T. Sebastian, “Microwave Dielectric Properties of SrRE4Si3O13 (RE = La, Pr, Nd, Sm, Eu, Gd, Tb, Dy, Er, Tm, Yb and Y) Ceramics”, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 92, 2975-2981 (2009).https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1551-2916.2009.03326.x
- JanardhananChameswary, Sherin Thomasand Mailadil Thomas Sebastian, “Microwave Dielectric Properties of Co2La4Ti3Si4O22 Ceramics”, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 93, 1863-1865 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1551-2916.2010.03639.x
- Sherin Thomas, Sujith Raman, P. Mohanan and M. T. Sebastian, “Effect of coupling agent on the thermal and dielectric properties of PTFE/Sm2Si2O7 composites”, Composites Part A, 41, 1148-1155 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesa.2010.04.013
- Rick Ubic, Steven Letoumeau,Sherin Thomas, G. Subodh and M. T. Sebastian, “The influence of Ca substitution on the structure, microstructure and microwave dielectric properties of (Sr2-xCax)(MgTe)O6 Double Perovskite”, Chem. Mater., 22, 4572-4578 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1021/cm100486r
- Sherin Thomas, B. Sayoojyam and M. T. Sebastian, “Microwave Dielectric Properties of Novel Rare Earth based Silicates: RE2Ti2SiO9[RE=La, Pr and Nd]”, J Mater Sci: Mater Electron., , (2011).https://doi.org/10.1007/s10854-011-0310-4
- Rick Ubic, Steven Letoumeau,Sherin Thomas, G. Subodh and M. T. Sebastian, “Re-Examination of the structure of Sr2(MgTe)O6 Double Perovskite”, J. Aus. Ceram. Soc., 47, 49-56, (2011). https://www.researchgate.net/publication/287428900_Re-Examination_of_the_Structure_of_Sr-2MgTeO-6_Double_Perovskite
- Lii-CherngLeu, Sherin Thomas, Mailadil Thomas Sebastian and Rick Ubic, “Crystal Structure of Apatite Type Rare-Earth Silicate (Sr2RE2)(RE6)(SiO4)6O2 (RE=La, Pr, Tb, Tm and Y)”, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 94, 2625-2632 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1551-2916.2011.04388.x
- Sherin Thomas, JitheshKavil and Achamma Mathew Malayil, “Dielectric properties of PTFE loaded with micro- and nano-Sm2Si2O7 ceramics”, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 27, 9780-9788 (2016).https://www.springerprofessional.de/en/dielectric-properties-of-ptfe-loaded-with-micro-and-nano-sm2si2o/10257072
- Sherin Thomas, Merlin Mary Joseph and Gopika P Pillai,Effect Of Particle Size On The Optical And Dielectric Properties Of ZnO, International Journal of Advance Research in Science and Engineering, Vol. 6, Special Issue No. (03), September 2017.
Seminars and workshops organized
- Coordinator of APT sponsored National Science Day Celebration, 27 February 2021.
- Coordinator - World Space Week Celebration, 10 October 2020.
- Coordinator - KSCSTE sponsored National Science Day, 6 February 2018.
- Coordinator of National Seminar on Functional Materials for Future, 27 -28, September 2018.