Current Positions/Responsibilities (in the college)
Awards and Achievements
- I Rank in MG University BA English Language and Literature, 2008
Courses attended (Orientation, Refresher, FDP, etc.)
- Orientation Course- Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Trivandrum- March 03-30, 2015.
- Refresher Course- Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Trivandrum- July 13- Aug 02, 2017.
- Participated in two weeks Inter-disciplinary and Multilingual Refresher Course/Faculty Development Programme on “Managing Online Classes & Co- creating MOOCS 4.0” by Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi under the aegis of Ministry of Education, PMMMNMTT from 11- 26 March 2021.
- Participated in the 7 day inter-disciplinary National Level Online Faculty Development Programme on “Skills for Next Generation Teachers" under the scheme of PMMMNMTT organized by Vimala College (Autonomous), Thrissur in association with GAD-TLC, MHRD & Jean Monnet Module, Centre for European Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi from 01 - 07 December 2020.
- Successfully completed the course titled ‘Text, Textuality and Digital Media’ under the banner of SWAYAM NPTEL- AICTE Faculty Development Programme, funded by MHRD, Govt of India, with a consolidated score of 79% and was acknowledged as the Topper of the course, during Sep- Dec 2020.
- Participated in the One Week Faculty Development Programme on “Theory in Research Writing” organized by KSHEC from 06- 10 February 2019 at Trivandrum.
Resource person for seminars and workshops/Invited Lectures
- Resource Person for the National Webinar titled Translating Boundaries: Nation, Culture and Body organized by the Department of English in collaboration with IQAC of Sacred Heart College for Women, Chalakudy from 23 - 26 March 2021. Delivered a lecture on Surpassing Limits of Imagination: Changing Trends in Indian English Fiction on 25 March 2021. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUTNRLx9V_E
- Participated and chaired a session in the National Webinar Series Hiraeth: A Wistful Longing for Home in South Asian Literature organized by the PG Department of English, St Cyril’s College, Adoor on 17 March 2021.
Paper presentation in Seminars
- Presented a paper titled “Evolution, Nature and Reception of Micro Narratives in the Digital Age” in the International Conference on ‘Print Modernities’ organized by the Department of English and the Department of Media Studies, St Thomas’ College (Autonomous), Thrissur on 05, 06 & 07 January 2019.
- Presented a paper titled “Mixing Memory and Desire” in the International Seminar on ‘Contemporary American Literature: Trends and Prospects’ organized by the Research Centre for Comparative Studies, Mercy College, Palakkad on 21 Nov 2014.
- Presented a paper at the UGC sponsored International seminar on “Learning Disabilities and Inclusion” at Mount Carmel College of Teacher Education for Women on the joint- paper titled Facilitating Inclusion in language learning: New Perspectives from the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme” on 14th and 15th February 2014.
- Presented a paper titled ‘The Need for Protecting Happiness: Glances from Man’s Interaction with Flora and Fauna’ in the National Seminar based on the theme “The Enigma of Happiness: A Timeless Pursuit” in Utkal University, Orissa on 6-8 Jan, 2012.
- Published a paper titled “Mixing Memory and Desire” in Pursuits -A Peer Reviewed Journal published by the Research Centre for Comparative Studies, Mercy College, Palakkad, August- Sept 2015, Vol. XIII- Issue 1, ISSN 0974-7400.
- Published a joint- paper titled Facilitating Inclusion in Language Learning: New Perspectives from the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme in the Proceedings of the UGC sponsored International seminar on “Learning Disabilities and Inclusion” at Mount Carmel College of Teacher Education for Women, 14th and 15th February 2014,
Seminars and workshops organized
- Convenor of UGC Sponsored Two- Day National Seminar titled Humour and the Nation, 01 and 02 July 2015.
- Member of Organizing Committee of One Day International Workshop titled Youth across Borders: Challenges and Aspirations on 12 Aug 2015.