- About Us
- College Resources
- Community College
|Institutional email IDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|ORCID or other|
|Area of specialisation||Machine learning, Deep learning, Image processing, Technology adoption, Health Informatics|
|Date of joining the college||23 June 2022|
MTech, UGC NET,PhD (CUSAT)
Assumption College, Changanacherry, Kottayam: Asst. Professor (CSE) 23rd June 2022 - Till Date.
College of Engineering, Trikaripur, Kasaragod (under CAPE) : Asst. Professor (CSE) July 2014- 22nd June 2022.
College of Engineering, Thalasseri,Kannur, Kerala (under CAPE): Asst. Professor (IT) July 2013- June 2014.
University College of Engineering,Kerala University Campus, Kariavattom, Trivandrum: Asst. Professor (IT) January 2010- April 2013
University College of Engineering,Kerala University Campus, Kariavattom, Trivandrum: Lecturer (IT) August 2007- Jan 2010.
TKM Institute of Technology, Kollam : Lecturer (IT) January 2006 - June 2006
Question paper setter of Kannur University and Kerala Technological university
Chairman of Kannur university question paper (S4 IT , S6 IT)
ISO coordinator (College of Engineering, Trikaripur)
Resident Tutor of Ladies hostel(College of Engineering, Trikaripur)
Coordinator of first-year induction program held on November 2021(College of Engineering, Trikaripur)
Member of Anti-Ragging Committee (College of Engineering, Trikaripur)
NAAC criteria 3 department member.
Class in charge of Bsc computer science(second year).
Anna university rank holder in 2008.
Passed UGC NET exam June 2012.
Got selected in TCS (through campus placement during M.Tech study) [not joined].
1. Workshop on Mobile Health, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Mangalore (NITK), November 2014.
2. Research Design and Data Analysis for Social Sciences, IIM Kozhikode, August 2015.
3. Fruitful Research for Prolific Researchers, St. Aloysius Institute of Management & Information Technology, Mangalore. August 2015.
4. Two Day National Conference on Outcome Based Education, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Mangalore (NITK). January 2015.
5. Workshop on Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) Using IBM SPSS AMOS, Christ University, Trivandrum. September 2016.
6. Five days FDP on an insight into digital signal processors, IHRD, Kottarakkara. Feb2017. 7. Five days FDP on Education Leadership Programme, IIM Kozhikode. September 2016.
8. Five days FDP on Summer School on Deep Learning, NIT Karnataka. May 2019.
9. Five days online FDP on Deep Learning Architectures for Image processing Applications. JNN College of Engineering, Shivqmogga. July 2020.
10. Three days online FDP on Data Science using Python. Jan 2021
11. Five days FDP on Data Analytics, College of Engineering, Kidangoor, February 2021.
12. Three days FDP on Deep learning for image and video applications, LBS College of Engineering, Kasaragod, June 2021.
13. Three days FDP on Hands on workshop on machine learning algorithms, College of Engineering, Attingal, September 2021.
14. Six days FDP on AI in real life, PES institute of Technology and Management, Shivqmogga, September 2021.
1. Rani Oomman Panicker, M. Victorjose, “Distributed collaborative key agreement and authentication protocols for static to dynamic adhoc network using keygraphs”, Proceedings of 3 rd National Conference on Advances in Communication, Instrumentation and Informatics, February 2008.
2. Rani Oomman Panicker, Biju Soman, Gagan Saini, Jeny Rajan, A review of automatic methods based on image processing techniques for tuberculosis detection from microscopic sputum smear images. Journal of medical systems, (Springer) 40(1):17, 2015.
3. Gagan Saini, Rani Oomman Panicker, Biju Soman, Jeny Rajan, A comparative study of different auto-focus methods for mycobacterium tuberculosis detection from brightfield microscopic images. IEEE Distributed Computing, VLSI, Electrical Circuits and Robotics (DISCOVER), 2016.
4. Rani Oomman Panicker, Biju Soman, K V Gangadharan, N V Sobhana. An adoption model describing clinician’s acceptance of automated diagnostic system for tuberculosis. Health and Technology (Springer),6(4), July 2016.
5. Rani Oomman Panicker, Kalmady K.S, Jeny Rajan, Sabu M.K, Automatic detection of tuberculosis bacilli from sputum smear images using deep learning methods. Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering (Elsevier) 38:691-699, 2018.
6. Rani Oomman Panicker, Sabu M.K, Factors Influencing the adoption of computerized medical diagnosing system for Tuberculosis. International Journal of Information Technology (Springer), 12(1), Nov 2019.
7. Rani Oomman Panicker, Biju Soman, Sabu M.K, Tuberculosis detection from conventional sputum smear microscopic images using machine learning techniques. 1st Edition. Chapter no 3, HCIRA (CRC press, Taylor and Francis), pp. 63-80.2019.
8. Rani Oomman Panicker, Jeny Rajan, Sabu M.K, A Lightweight Convolutional Neural Network Model for Tuberculosis Bacilli Detection from Microscopic Sputum Smear Images. Chapter 22, Machine learning for healthcare applications, Wiley publications, 343-352.2021.
9. Rani Oomman Panicker, Sabu M. K, Automatic detection of tuberculosis bacillifrom conventional sputum smear microscopic images using densely connectedconvolutional networks. SN Computer Science (Springer)3(4), April 2022.