- B.Sc Chemistry (2001-04, M G University)
- M.Sc Chemistry (2004-06, M G University)
- B.Ed (2007, M G University)
- SET (2007) UGC-NET (2009)
- PhD (2019, CUSAT)
- Seven Months of teaching experience as Assistant Professor in Chemistry at the Post Graduate Department of chemistry BAM College Thuruthicad, M.G University from 2011 August to 2012 March
Current or previous Positions/Responsibilities (outside the college)
Current Positions/Responsibilities (in the college)
- Deputy Controller of Examinations
Awards and Achievements
- PhD in Organic Chemistry from CUSAT (2019)
- ALL INDIA LECTURESHIP AWARDED BY UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION (NET), NEW DELHI, INDIA (2009)
- Cochin University Junior Research fellowship (July 2008-March 2010)
- UGC-BSR FELLOWSHIP 2010 (April 2010-August 2011)
Projects - Completed projects
- UGC minor project, 1933-MRP/14-15/KLMG034/UGC-SWRO. Triazatriangulenium-silica Microparticle conjugates as effective tool for the photosensitized disinfection of waste water contaminated by bacterial pathogens. Funded by UGC (3.95 lakhs) (2015-17).
- SPYTiS-II/2016/KSCSTE, Student Project funded by KSCSTE under SPYTiS on the topic Determination of dry rubber content in field latex from different areas, 2016-17.
Courses attended (Orientation, Refresher, FDP, etc.)
- Participated UGC sponsored Orientation programme conducted by UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum from 30-01-2015 to 26-02-2015.
- Participated UGC sponsored Refresher course on Material Science conducted by UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum from 29-11-2016 to 19-12-2016.
- Participated Two Week Online National Faculty Development Program organized by Guru Angad Dev Teaching Learning Centre, SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi under the Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT) of Ministry of Education in collaboration with Bishop Abraham Memorial College, Thuruthicad from 18th January to 30th January 2021.
- Participated in the 5 Day Faculty Development Programme “How can teachers make a difference?” by Teaching Learning Centre IIT Madras sponsored by Kerala State Higher Education Council and Organised by Sree Sankara College Kalady from 26.05.2020 to 30.05.2020.
Paper presentation in Seminars
- Synthesis, Characterization and Singlet Oxygen Generation Studies of Surface-Tethered Triazatriangulenium Cations, S.Seena, N.Manoj, International Conference on Photochemistry and Sustainable energy (ICPSE 2019) held at Alappuzha during 16-19th October 2019.
- Determination of the singlet oxygen quantum yield of a water soluble Triangulenium salt, S.Seena, N.Manoj, International Conference on Materials for the Millenium (MATCON 2016) held at Cochin University of Science and Technology during 14-16th January 2016.
- Synthesis and Photophysical Properties of a few water soluble Triazatriangulenium salts, S.Seena, N.P. Pravitha, N.Manoj. International Conference on Green Chemistry; Catalysis, Energy and Environment held at Goa University from 22-24th January 2015.
- Synthesis of a few novel triazatriangulenium salts, S.Seena, N.Manoj. The National Conference on Current Trends in Chemistry (CTRIC 2012) held at Cochin University of Science and Technology during 20th and 21st January 2012.
- Synthesis of a few water soluble triazatriangulenium salts, S.Seena, N.Manoj. The National Conference on Current Trends in Chemistry (CTRIC 2011) held at Cochin University of Science and Technology during 4th and 5th March 2011.
- Sebastian Seena , Ajayakumar Aswathy, Narayanapillai Manoj, Synthesis, Characterization and Singlet Oxygen Generation Studies of Surface-Tethered Triazatriangulenium Cations Materials Today. (Elsevier) (In press). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.03.487
- Seena Sebastian, Synthesis and characterization of a novel triazatriangulenium intercalated montmorillonite with potential antibacterial activity, Asia Pacific Journal of Research, LXXXVII, April 2018(ISSN :2347-4793)
- S. Seena, N. Manoj, Determination of the singlet oxygen quantum yield of a water soluble Triangulenium salt, MATCON 2016 International Conference on Materials for the Millennium January 14 -16, 2016. (ISBN 978-93-80095-738).
Seminars and workshops organized
- Programme Co-ordinator- Ozone Day Celebrations held at Assumption College, Changanacherry on 16 September 2020.
- Programme Co-ordinator – National Seminar on Recent Advances in Chemistry held at Assumption College, Changanacherry on 7th February 2019 in association with School of Chemical Sciences, MG University.
- Co-ordinator State level workshop on Microscale Experiments in Chemistry held at Assumption College, Changanacherry on 20 February 2019.
- Member of Organising committee- State level workshop on Microscale Experiments in Chemistry held at Assumption College, Changanacherry on 20 February 2020 in association with Bhoomitra Sena club.