- MSc , PhD from M G University
Current Positions/Responsibilities (in the college)
- Head of the department, Chemistry
Awards and Achievements
- BSc Chemistry 3rd Rank,
- M Sc Chemistry 3rd Rank
- Summer Research Fellowship, JNCASR (2009)
- UGC- JRF-NET Fellowship (2010)
Projects - Completed projects
- 1936-MRP/14-15/KLMG034/UGC-SWRO,Minor Research Project on Investigation on The Potential of Some Selected Wetland Plants for The Biodiesel Production funded by UGC (4.5 lakhs) (2015-2017)
- 115/SPYTiS-II/2016/KSCSTE, Student Project funded by KSCSTE under SPYTiS on the topic Investigation on the antioxidant potential of some locally available mixed fruit juice, 2016-17.
Courses attended (Orientation, Refresher, FDP, etc.)
- UGC- sponsored special winter school programme, UGC-HRDC, Univ of Kerala, Kariavattom(16th Feb to 08th Mar 2017).
- UGC- sponsored Orientation programme, UGC-HRDC, Univ of Kerala, Kariavattom (16th Jul to 12th Aug 2015)
- Online refresher in Chemistry for higher education by Swayam, Dec 19-Feb 2020.
- NPTEL Online refresher course on Biochemistry, Jan-Apr- 2020.
Paper presentation in Seminars
- Presented a paper in the National seminar on the topic Advanced Instrumentation technique in Material science conducted by Government college, Nattakom on 14/11/2017.
- C.S. Praveen Kumar, Sylas V.P. , Neethu Cyril, Ambily V., SunilaC.T ,Sreekanth N.P and Manoj P. Rayaroth(2021).Acetaminophen removal using green synthesized iron nanoparticles with a fresh water microalga, Planktochlorellanurekis,Nano-Structures & Nano-Objects, Elsevier;6 (2021) 100700.
- LaigiJos,eph& V. P. Sylas &Neethu Cyril & K. S. Sanu& Seno Jose & B. N. Anila& Jacob M. Jose.Removal of endrin from aqueous medium using Accacia wood biochar: kinetics and thermodynamic studies,Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery, Springer, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13399-021-01435-8.
- Cyril, N., George, J.B., Nair, P.V., Joseph, L., C.T., Sunila., V.K Smitha, Nelson, A.B., and Sylas, V. P. (2020). Catalytic activity of Derris trifoliata stabilized gold and silver nanoparticles in the reduction of isomers of nitrophenol and azo violet. Nano-Structures & Nano-Objects, Elsevier; 22: 100430.
- Joseph, L., Paulose, S. V., Cyril, N., Santhosh, S. K., Varghese, A., Nelson, A. B., Kasu, S. (2020). Organochlorine pesticides in the soils of Cardamom Hill Reserve (CHR), Kerala, India: Geo spatial distribution, ecological and human health risk assessment. Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology,2,1-11.doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enceco.2020.01.001.
- Cyril, N., George, J. B., Joseph, L., Raghavamenon, A., & Sylas, V.P, Assessment of antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-proliferative (lung cancer cell line A549) activities of green synthesized silver nanoparticles from Derris trifoliata. Toxicol. Res., 8, RSC, 297-308, 2019.
- Cyril, N., George, J. B., Joseph, L., & Sylas, V.P, Catalytic Degradation of Methyl Orange and Selective Sensing of Mercury Ion in Aqueous Solutions Using Green Synthesized Silver Nanoparticles from the Seeds of Derris trifoliata. Journal of Cluster Science, Springer 30(2), 459-468, 2019.
- Neethu Cyril, James Baben George, Laigi Joseph and V.P Sylas (2020). Removal of Chromium (VI) from waste water using green synthesized iron nanoparticles with the seed extract of Canavaliacathartica, Int. Conf. on water; 12- 14th Dec 2020.
- Neethu Cyril, James Baben George, Laigi Joseph and V.P Sylas (2019). Mass spectroscopic analysis of seed extracts of two wetland plants,Derris trifoliata and Canavaliacathartica In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Frontiers of Mass Spectroscopy organized by Advanced Centre of Environmental Studies and Sustainable Development (ACESSD), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. Dec 4 -7, 2019.
- Neethu Cyril, James Baben George, Laigi Joseph and V.P Sylas (2018). Green synthesized silver nanoparticles from the seeds of Derris trifoliata as an effective biocatalyst for the degradation of methyl orange and highly selective mercuric sensor in aqueous solutions. In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Water : from pollution to purification. Organized by Advanced Centre of Environmental Studies and Sustainable Development (ACESSD), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. Dec 7 -10, 2018.
- Neethu Cyril, James Baben George, Laigi Joseph and V.P Sylas (2017). Chemical profile, antifungal and antioxidant activity of the seed extracts of Indian tulip tree, Thespesiapopulnea. In the Proceedings of the International conference on Frontiers of mass spectrometry. Organized by School of Environmental Sciences, MG University, Kottayam during Dec 11-14, 2017.
- Neethu Cyril, James Baben George, Laigi Joseph and V.P Sylas (2017). Antioxidant and antiproliferative activity of seed oils of Thespesiapopulnea and CanavaliaCathartica. In the Proceedings of International conference on Degenerative Diseases. Organized by BiogenixResearch Centre for Molecular Biology and Applied Science, Trivandrum during Nov 23-24, 2017.
Seminars and workshops organized
- Convenor- National Webinar on Chemistry with online tools held at Assumption College, Changanacherry on 23 June 2020.
- Programme Co-ordinator- State level workshop on Microscale Experiments in Chemistry held at Assumption College, Changanacherry on 20 February 2020 in association with BhoomitraSena club.
- Member of Organising committee-National Seminar on Recent Advances in Chemistry held at Assumption College, Changanacherry on 7 February 2020 in association with School of chemical Sciences, Mg University.
- Programme Co-ordinator- KSCSTE sponsored Wetland Day Celebrations held at Assumption College, Changanacherry on 6 February 2017.
- Organizing committee member, 2018, Ozone day celebrations- ‘Keep Cool and Carry on’ .